Proposed below is a list of CPD certified free to attend workshops, each workshop will be delivered by an industry specialist. Covering a range of different topics – all CPD workshops would entitle you to a participation certificate.
Please note: For you to receive your CPD points and certificate you MUST attend the first 30 minutes of the workshop.
Take a look at the agenda below:
Green Priorities in tropical architecture through environmental building physics: building design to take into consideration thermal comfort; natural and passive ventilation; day lighting; and house acoustics, examples of projects undertaken by Eco-Build Africa and international best practices.
Passive design strategies for the tropics: energy efficiency in building; efficient water use and reuse in buildings; alternative sanitation systems; solar heating technologies; energy efficient lighting and energy efficient heating solutions.
Environmental design at planning levels: urban greening, climate change, greenhouse gas emission reduction through planning, solid waste management, embodied energy reduction through construction materials and technologies.
- Why construct for green energy
- Cost benefit of Green energy construction - financial and environmental
- Commercialization of green energy for domestic and business use.
- Why time and cost overruns is still a major concern
- The need for a competent project and construction managers.
- Why foreign contractors have an edge and what we need to do.
- Overview of East African Construction Market by segments - (Deloitte Market Analysis 2016 - reference)
- Definition of Terms and Brief History of Project Management - (PMBOK-reference)
- Roles of Project Managers and Why East African Projects need project Managers
- Role of PMO (project management office)
- IT solutions that aid in successful delivery of projects
- Scheduling, planning, resource allocation and contract management
- Understanding the complexity of the construction industry communication needs
- Relationship between effective communication and good performance in the construction industry: A Kenyan perspective
- Communication gaps and proposed solutions in the construction industry
- Value and number of projects handled from 2013-2017 in East Africa
- Projects handled by different sectors
- Stakeholders in majority of the Projects in East Africa
- Funding Agents of majority projects
- Construction teams in private and domestic industries - China, Japan, South Korea, Turkey.
- Top 10 projects by value in East Africa
- Challenges facing the construction industry in Africa & East Africa
- Town Planner Member of Consultant Team
- Preparation of Site Master Plan
- Development Approval
- Approach to integrated master planning to communities
- Designing of high quality outdoor spaces and landscaping
- Diversity of building designs in master planned communities
- Use of Steel Fibers in Concrete as a three dimensional reinforcement
- Replacing the traditional BRC/Weld mesh system
- Crack free & highly impact resistance performance
- Main energy efficiency strategies incorporated in the design of green buildings
- Methodologies for evaluating environmental performance of green buildings
- Assessing the influence of occupants' behavior in promoting energy efficiency in buildings
- Land Acquisition challenges and proposed remedies
- Project financing challenges
- Capacity Building
- Definition of Green Building Finance
- What is a green building and what are the rating tools
- Where and how to source the green building finance
- Comparison of LGS framing to other conventional mediums used in the Kenyan market
- LGS design engineering basics
- Cost estimation of light gauge steel structures