New this year, the show will feature Women in Construction series, dedicated workshops to encourage diversity and inclusiveness in the work space.
Find the workshop sessions below:
8th November 2018
13:30 - 14:15 Standing out despite Challenges faced in the Construction Industry
- Dealing with unfavourable contract terms
- Engaging professionals in the industry for quality assurance
- Embracing technology in the industry
Speaker: Irene Wanjiku, Managing Director, Rexe Roofing Ltd
16:00 - 16:45 PANEL SESSION: Adding perspective to the construction industry
- Steps taken to encourage gender diversity at the office
- As women in the industry, what has your experience been working in the construction sector?
- What advice would you give to women entering the construction industry today?
Eng. Grace Onyango, Deputy Registrar Capacity Building and Development, Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)
Diana Musyoka, Managing Director, Epic Value Construction Consultants Ltd
17:15 - 18:00 Introduction to Green Buildings in Kenya
- What is a Green Building?
- What skills are needed to ensure a building in sustainable?
- Debunking green Building Myths in Kenya
Speaker: Wangari Muchiri, Associate, JLL