OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT PARTNER
The National Construction Authority (NCA) is a state corporation established by an act of parliament: The National Construction Authority Act No.41 of 2011 and was enacted in December 2011. The National Construction Authority Act No. 41 of 2011 establishes the Authority .The role of the Authority is enshrined in the functions and powers accorded to it through the National Construction Act. The Authority has an overall responsibility to oversee, the construction industry and coordinate its development.
The Authority is currently placed under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure. The Act provides the Authority with a mandate to oversee and coordinate the construction industry through various initiatives such as trainings and capacity building, quality assurance, the dissemination of research among other things.
To regulate, streamline and build capacity in the construction industry
A well-coordinated and developed construction industry for sustainable socioeconomic development
Excellence in the Construction Industry
NCA'S Core Functions
• To register and regulate the performance of local and foreign contractors and accredit skilled construction workers and site supervisors;
• To encourage the standardization and improvement of construction techniques and materials;
• To promote and coordinate training programmes in the construction industry organized by accredited public and private training institutions as well as to provide consultancy and advisory services;
• To coordinate research in the construction industry, disseminate research findings and establish a construction industry information system; and
• To promote quality assurance and develop and publish a code of conduct for the construction industry.
The Authority is currently having offices in 12 regions in Kenya including:
Nairobi Region, Western Region, Coast Region, Central Nyanza Region, Central Rift Region, North Rift Region, South Nyanza Region, Central Eastern Region, North Eastern Region, Mt. Kenya Region, Lower Eastern Region and Upper Eastern Region
Key Milestones for the Authority
In the last four years the authority has achieved the following milestones in construction industry;
• The Authority has established a register of contractors, currently standing at 18,300 construction firms registered in 4No. classes as at March 2016
• About 150,000 construction workers and site supervisors have been accredited and a register has been created for them.
• The National Construction Research Agenda (NaCRA), consultative meeting with key research stakeholders was held in 2014 and led to the development of a research agenda for the industry.
• Development and publishing of a code of conduct for the construction industry.
• Recruitment of key staff to support its operations.
• Benchmarking, both locally and internationally has been done and best practices adopted in most operations.
• Development and operationalization of the Authorities internal policies and procedures.
• The 1st International Annual Construction Research Conference and Exhibition (ACoRCE) held in 2015
• Mapping of Technical Training Institutions has been done across the country and partnerships have been made with some of the institutions.
• Several MoUs with local, regional and international institutions with a view to cooperate in areas of mutual interest.
• Launch of a robust strategic plan 2015-2020.
The Following are some of the Strategic Intents of NCA as Per the Strategic Plan 2015-2020
Key Result Area 2015-2020:
• Construction industry regulated
• Capacity within the construction industry built and improved
• Quality in the construction industry assured
• Research and development in the construction industry enhanced
• Development and sustainability of the Authority
OFFICIAL ONLINE PARTNER
The Big 5 Hub website offers news from the construction industry including new contracts, project updates, details of government construction policy and infrastructure investment as well as details of tenders and jobs.
The Big 5 Hub offers market reports and analysis of the construction sector in each country and all reports are free to download.
TheBig5Hub.com is also your gateway to The Big 5 building and construction exhibitions in countries from the UAE to Indonesia with all the show news.
Find out how Kuwait gives you access to the lucrative infrastructure market in Iraq, understand why India’s construction sector looks set for record growth and how Indonesia is set for a 10-year transformation. Find out why Saudi Arabia remains the biggest construction market in the region and discover how the UAE continues to offer some the most exciting construction projects in the world.
For more information, visit www.thebig5hub.com
OFFICIAL MEDIA PARTNER
The new magazine is a focus for the construction and build industry in the MENA and east Asia region.
Alongside new products, tenders and projects, The Big 5 Hub Quarterly offers a unique look inside the region’s construction sector with interviews and analysis backed by the knowledge gained from more than 20 years at the heart of Gulf construction.
Each issue will offer a full preview of The Big 5 events during the next quarter in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, India, Indonesia and Kuwait. It will also preview our events including FM Expo, Middle East Concrete, PMV Live, Gulf Glass and Gulf Sol.
For more information, please visit www.thebig5hub.com
Green Technologies is an Engineering Consultancy Company specializing in Environmentally Sustainable solutions, for new and existing building projects, in Air Conditioning, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Engineering in the Middle Eastern Region. Their engineers have worked in Dubai, UAE since 1977 developing leading edge Engineering techniques and Sustainable approaches to solve today’s complex MEP needs. They offer modern, efficient, cost effective solutions to complex MEP issues and can assist with Concept, Design, Construction and Maintenance to the highest standards of Green Engineering.
In addition to MEP Engineering and Sustainability Consulting, Green Technologies channels this expertise into the field of educating design and construction professionals on LEED, Sustainability and MEP Engineering. Green Technologies is a US Green Building Council Education Partner delivering accredited Faculty led LEED workshop, focused on project based LEED and MEP content.
For more information, visit their website: http://www.greentechno.com
OFFICIAL INTELLIGENCE PARTNER
Oxford Business Group (OBG) is a global publishing, research and consultancy firm, which publishes economic intelligence on the markets of the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Latin America and the Caribbean. OBG offers comprehensive analysis of macroeconomic and sectoral developments, including banking, capital markets, energy, infrastructure, industry and insurance. OBG’s acclaimed economic and business reports are the leading source of local and regional intelligence, while OBG’s online economic briefings provide up-to-date in-depth analysis. OBG’s consultancy arm offers tailor-made market intelligence and advice to firms operating in these markets and those looking to enter them.
OFFICIAL TRAVEL PARTNER
“For over 20 years, Al Arabi Travel’s Corporate Travel Division has effectively managed the changing travel needs of our business clients. Since 1992, we have serviced and retained our clients whilst developing travel management practices and services as companies have grown and expanded. With a reputation for “high touch” service, responsible and flexible relationships, and consistent application of cost-effective travel management practices, our highly experienced team works to simplify and streamline your business travel.” Visit our website http://www.alarabitravel.ae/
For inquiries, please contact The Big 5 Construct East Africa designated travel consultants:
Please mention ATBIG5EAF upon booking.
Uber is an on demand service that seamlessly connects you with a private driver at the tap of a button.
OFFICIAL AIRLINE PARTNER
Emirates connects people and places around the globe, inspiring travel and facilitating trade in 150 destinations in 80 countries. On-board its modern and efficient fleet of over 240 aircraft, Emirates offers award-winning comfort and service, delivered by friendly cabin crew representing over 130 nationalities. Today, Emirates operates the world’s largest fleets of the iconic A380 and popular Boeing 777s.
On the ground, Emirates connects millions of people each year through its other operations including Emirates Holidays, its destination marketing arm, and tour operator Arabian Adventures. Seamless trade connections are supported through Emirates SkyCargo, its cargo division.
OFFICIAL HOTEL PARTNER
For over 40 years Intercontinental Nairobi has remained the city’s leading upscale international hotel. The hotel’s 376 guest rooms and suites offer spacious accommodation, facilities and services for the frequent business and leisure traveler. The hotel offers conference facilities for up to 800 persons and is located next to KICC and the heart of town.