New this year, the show will feature Women in Construction series, dedicated workshops to encourage diversity and inclusiveness in the work space.
Support from Women in Real Estate (WIRE)
Women in Real Estate (WIRE) is the industry’s premier networking organization dedicated to advancing the achievements of women in the built industry. WIRE seeks to influence the success of the built industry by focusing on fulfilling four key initiatives: business development, leadership development, industry research and career outreach.
Women in Real Estate (WIRE) in Kenya are proud contributors to the development of the Republic with our sector continuing to record positive growth. We are architects, urban planners, quantity surveyors, surveyors, contractors, valuers, sustainable development experts, engineers, landscapers, lecturers, estate agents, bankers, marketers and business executives literally building this country.
Dedicated Women in Construction Workshops
8th November 2018
13:30 - 14:15 Standing out despite Challenges faced in the Construction Industry
- Dealing with unfavourable contract terms
- Engaging professionals in the industry for quality assurance
- Embracing technology in the industry
Speaker: Irene Wanjiku, Managing Director, Rexe Roofing Ltd
16:00 - 16:45 PANEL SESSION: Adding perspective to the construction industry
- Steps taken to encourage gender diversity at the office
- As women in the industry, what has your experience been working in the construction sector?
- What advice would you give to women entering the construction industry today?
Eng. Grace Onyango, Deputy Registrar Capacity Building and Development, Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)
Diana Musyoka, Managing Director, Epic Value Construction Consultants Ltd
17:15 - 18:00 Introduction to Green Buildings in Kenya
- What is a Green Building?
- What skills are needed to ensure a building in sustainable?
- Debunking green Building Myths in Kenya
Speaker: Wangari Muchiri, Associate, JLL